Toronto350 will discuss what to do about the Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain Pipeline in Toronto.
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood Health Centre, 1900 Davenport Rd. west of Symington
Community organizations say
No Tar Sands in Toronto! Stop Line 9
Public forums on April 7 and 8 will present facts and discuss what we can do about Enbridge Corp’s dangerous project to equip its “Line 9” pipeline to pump toxic tar sands oil across Toronto.
Sunday, April 7, 2 p.m., East York Civic Centre
850 Coxwell at Mortimer, NW Corner (0.7 km north of Coxwell Station)
* Ron Plain of Aamjiwnaang First Nation (Sarnia).
* Sabrina Bowman, climate campaign coordinator for Environmental Defence.
* Ian Angus, author, The Global Fight for Climate Justice.
Presentations will be followed by open discussion.
Organized by East End Against Line 9. EastEndNoTar@gmail.com #EastEndNoTar..
Monday, April 8, 6:30 p.m., Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood Health Centre
1900 Davenport Rd. west of Symington
Special guest: Ron Plain of Aamjiwnaang First Nation.
Panel of speakers followed by open discussion.
Organized by West End No Line 9. email@example.com.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/338961829543610/?ref=ts&fref=ts .
A dangerous, irresponsible project
– If Enbridge Corp. gets its way, corrosive and toxic tar sands oil may soon flow through its “Line 9” across the heart of Toronto.
– A Line 9 spill in Toronto, like the one in Michigan in 2010, would be a public health and environmental disaster.
– Enbridge now wants government approval of its Line 9 project.
– Toronto City Council wants a say on Line 9 and will intervene in regulatory hearings.
– Toronto residents need to voice their concern. Stop Line 9!